Zoodles, how did I ever live 34 years without you? It takes a little bit of perfecting, but when done right, is an amazing combination of crunch and tastiness without any guilt of carbs (very low) or gluten.
First you have to order a zoodler or veggetti from Amazon or Target. The zoodler ranges anywhere from $12.99 to $14.99 and the veggetti is about $24.99.
To perfect the zucchini noodles:
- Utilize the zoodler or veggetti to get the zucchini in it’s spiral form.
- Lay the zoodles over paper towels
- Sprinkle salt over the zoodles
- Press another paper towel over the zoodles and let sit for 10-15 minutes
- The more you let sit or press, the less water you will have in your zoodle
- Add some olive oil and saute until the zoodles are al dente
Now is the fun part! You can complete your low carb, gluten free meal by adding in some protein, as seen below:
- I added shrimp and some pesto to one plate
- Then I cooked up some venison and tossed in some seasoning and tomato paste for a second plate.